The John and Louisa Wetherill trading post at Ojo Alamo near Chaco Canyon. John and Louisa Wetherill arrived at Ojo Alamo trading post in 1900, living here for a couple of years before a drought in the area forced them to abandon it. Other traders moved in and took over the site after they left. Ojo means Eye in Spanish and Alamo means Cottonwood and was probably named after the only Cottonwood in the area and a giant petrified wood log with an opening under it to blue sky. The log is visible at the top of the rock formation at the right of the photo.