Reunion Agenda 2017
The reunion committee is working on the final arrangements for
the Saturday June 17, 2017 tours, then will be posting a
registration form in mid April. When this form is posted please
fill it out promply. Hint, it's time to start firming
up your plans to attend! The registration form will give us a
count of attendees for the tour vendors and for meal
Wednesday June 14, 2017 in Tome', New Mexico
- Kick off dinner at Jim and Marie Shaffner’s home
- Shaffner phone number 505-507-2021
- Jim and Marie live in Tome, south of Los
Lunas. Their home is about 20 minutes south of Albuquerque. With all the internet
search capabilities we are not providing lists of local
motels, however, if you need a recommendation, please
contact Cathy Getz:
Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Breakfast on your own.
- Drive to Chaco Canyon.
will be presenting at aprox. 1 pm
- Lunch - Individual parties to purchase travel lunches
in Albuquerque. We will be providing recommendations
- Drive to Dolores/Mancos/Mesa Verde – individuals need to
make their own motel / camping arrangements.
- Dinner on own.
Friday, June 16, 2017 Anasazi Heritage Center.
27501 Highway 184, Dolores,
Breakfast on your own.
Meet at the picnic area just off the parking lot and
hike to the Escalante Pueblo. There will be an
interpretive guide provided by Anaszi Heritage Center.
The trail is one half mile long, paved, uphill and wheel
chair accessible. Excellent 360º view of the area. Signs
along the trail illuminate history and the local
- 9:00 Tour the Anasazi Heritage Center
exhibits. The BLM fee for the AHC is $3.00 per person.
- 9:30 - 10:15 Dr. Laurie
Webster-Pre-historic Fibers of the Southwest.
- 10:15 - 10:30 Break
- 10:30 - Sandy Wagner - Wetherills on
the Upper Rio Grande.
- 11:30 - Tour of Artifact Collection and
- 12:30-1:30 - Lunch. Box lunch will cost
$7.00. We are also asking for a donation to help defray
costs for Dr. Laurie Webster's research.
- 1:30 - Harvey Leake - The Wetherill
Album - photos and discussion of the Wetherill Clan.
- 2:30 - Marietta Eaton - Marietta
Wetherill Six Degrees - College's and influences of the
- 3:30 - Anasazi Heritage Center wrap up.
Mesa Verde National Park Visitor
Saturday, June 17, 2017 Mesa Verde
- Breakfast on your own
- Wetherill gathering at Spruce Tree house for group photo
- (Time to be determined, per park service and planning
committee) Wetherill group to tour - Cliff Palace, Balcony
house, morning and afternoon slots to be determined.
- Lunch TBD - Need feed back-
catered box lunch?
- Campground reserved for early evening Wetherill group
- Family talk time…. Topic – Memories of the past, family
- Dinner TBD Need feed back-
catered meal at campground.
Sunday / Monday June 18/19, 2017
Need feed back-
us know what you would be interested in:
Wetherill Mesa - group tour
Ute Mountain Tour
Ute Mountain Tour is not affiliated with Mesa Verde National
About Ute Mountain tour –
need feed back on who is interested in taking a half or full day
tour as reservations must be made in advance.
options range from aprox. $30.00 for half day, $60.00 for full
day. Example of a HALF-DAY tour round trip drive on gravel and
dirt roads from the Tribal Park Visitor Center is 40 miles for
the half-day tour. We will visit Ancestral Pueblo petroglyphs,
scenic lands, Ute pictographs panels, geological land
formations, and surface sites. All sites on the half-day tour
are within a short walking distance of the gravel road. Example
of FULL-DAY: 5.6 miles of hiking & climbing on original
Ancestral Pueblo trails.
The Tribe requires a guide for all
tours and will provide a vehicle. Cost is (aprox $12.00 pp). You
may also take your personal Vehicle if you don't mind the
potential for scratches. More info can be found at:
Past Wetherill Events
Wetherill Seminar in
Ute Mountain Tribal Park Reunion
Mesa Verde Reunion
Wetherill Mason Reunion
Chaco Canyon Wetherill
Reunion, Tumwater Historic Park Tacoma Washington.